The one great thing I love about traveling, is exploring FOOD! Japanese food is one of my favorite cuisines, and the best place to get the real Japanese food is home itself. Sure, there are Japanese restaurants around the world, but it's usually the most basic and common. After climbing Mt. Fuji, we ended going to Hiroshima.
Okonomiyaki is a Japanese dish known to be created by Osaka. It's basically a Japanese dish created in a pancake style made of cabbage, egg, seafood, and Japanese mayo. Some Japanese restaurants out of Japan do server it. I was introduced to it five years ago, and tried it a few but never got thrilled to have it. So, while in Hiroshima searching for food, we ended up going to this building that indicated 3-5th floor have food. It's usually difficult to find something to eat in Japan as nothing is in English. Thankfully, my boyfriend can read some Kanji as he's Chinese, but because it's mixed with Japanese he gets confused.
So, we gave the building a try. Got to the third floor, turns out it was a floor of different food vendors all with a teppanyaki station and you just choose which vendor you want and eat their food. However, this floor all the vendors ONLY served Okonomiyaki. We pretty much went to the vendor with the most people, and at the same time they had an English menu. The odd thing, the vendor we ate at was packed, but other vendors around it were pretty much empty. Turns out all the vendors cooked it differently, but most had the same ingredients.
The Okonomiyaki, I tried was different from what I had five years ago as it was Hiroshima style. It's a few months south of Osaka. The Hiroshima style of Okonomiyaki basically had noodles and meat. The one I chose to have was made out of bean sprouts, egg, noodles, squid, pork, shrimp, and some other good meats. All I can say is this was a great experience of surprise. Sugoi desu ne!




No comments:
Post a Comment